So I totally let this blog collapse in the dust without so much as a second glance (okay, I did give it a couple of glances but it was one of those this-makes-me-feel-guilty-so-I’m-just-going-to-ignore-your-existence-in-order-to-feel-good-about-myself glances) and looking back I am, of course, cringing at the stuff I used to write. But I know that it’s a reflection about how I’ve (hopefully) improved and four years from now I’ll be looking back at this and wanting to gag. So it’s fine.
So what has changed since 2011?
1. I finished High School! Thank God. No more homework… for now.
2. I moved to the opposite end of the world where I don’t speak the language and there’s a great abundance of hummus and pita bread.
3. I’ve probably learned a bunch of things. I could probably sit down and make a comprehensive list of all the stuff I’ve learned but honestly, that would be a ridiculously long list and you can probably read any YA novel and come to the same conclusions I would.
What am I up to now?
1. Volunteering, learning to live independently and reminding myself to have enough ingredients to cook for myself every day, the latter of which is surprisingly hard to remember.
2. Updating The Malfoy Case semi-regularly and Passing Seasons weekly! (Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia fanfics, respectively)
3. Trying to figure out what the heck I’m going to write for NaNoWriMo 2014… so far I’ve run through about four different plot ideas and I’d like to think that I have a definite one but I know it might violently mutate any time now.
4. Eating. A lot.
So hopefully in the days/weeks to come I’ll be posting some of the notes I’ve been keeping lately, some flashbacks to past NaNoWriMos, and chronicling the long, painful yet really fun process of creating a full-length novel from scratch!
And let’s hope I can keep this up.